ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable success in a senior project management role.
- Evidence of developing and managing sound client relationships and good knowledge of at least one industry vertical (e.g. Financial Services, Health or Government).
- Broad technology experience covering a wide range of environments and architectures plus a sound awareness of technology trends.
- Evidence of taking responsibility for contract and commercial terms on projects
- Experience of adhering to recognised project management disciplines and quality standards
- Strong ability to make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials.
- Strong ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Holds a recognised Project or Programme Management certification
- Broad project management experience covering a range of delivery methodologies and concepts (for example, waterfall, scrum, agile, PRINCE2, MSP etc.)
- Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve project management practices within an organisation.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate team members and lead by example.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project dynamics.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong negotiating prowess
- Excellent team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Mature, firm but non-confrontational style.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- A positive attitude to overcoming the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos and clients.
- Prepared to work "outside the box" (e.g. taking responsibility for setting up a new Kainos function or location).
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.