Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work closely with Trust Executive Team, , General Managers, Heads of Department and System Managers ensuring a holistic approach to IT Management is achieved.
- To ensure proactive effective liaison, communications and working relationships with 3rd party suppliers.
- To promote and support effective communications and working relationships with external health partner organisations, ensuring a coordinated approach where appropriate.
- To represent the Trust’s IT Department as appropriate at external stakeholder events.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- To deliver a robust and reliable IT Service.
- To develop and implement an appropriate staffing structure, skills base and succession plan to underpin delivery of the IM&T Strategic Plan.
- Ensure accurate completion and maintenance of the Trust’s IM&T Operating Framework and national Infrastructure Maturity Model submissions.
- Provide Leadership for the IM&T related requirements of the NHS Information Governance Toolkit, including development, implementation and audit to the appropriate standard, which ensures year on year evidence based improvement.
- Maintain and develop service level agreements (SLAs) as appropriate within the Local Health Economy.
- Manage SLAs between the Trust and any third-party IT service delivery company to deliver maximum performance and delivery of service.
- Provide effective leadership for the successful implementation of the Service Desk development programme, associated workstreams and quality assurance programme.
- Assist in the development and management of the Trust’s Information Systems Steering Board.
- Develop and implement any required new IT Policies and ensure current policies are reviewed/amended yearly or as service requires, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership to the IT Department delegating clearly to managers, setting achievable objectives, monitoring performance, undertaking appraisals, ensuring development paths and KPI gateways are achievable and where necessary taking corrective action.
- Maintaining the Trust IT Risk Register, ensuring where necessary these are escalated appropriately and in a timely manner with associated mitigation plans/options.
- Take lead responsibility for managing the departments’ performance, workload planning, sickness, absence, timekeeping and any disciplinary matters in line with Trust policy.
- Provide leadership and a proactive approach to the ongoing development management and use of IT Business Planning submissions.
- To ensure internal and external audit procedures, submissions and actions plans are robust, fully implemented and escalated appropriately.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.