Summary Statement of Job:
- Liaises with clients (predominantly internal) during requirements capture, deployment of solutions, and troubleshooting.
- Contributes to design of solutions which are scaleable, resilient, open, efficient, secure and cost-effective.
- Devises, implements and tests solutions of low to medium complexity, which are fit for purpose, using familiar tools and technologies.
- Participates fully in the systems request management cycle and can assess, assign and solve problems and issues as required.
- Applies all relevant standards and procedures for their own work.
- Maintains a current knowledge of relevant technology developments and actively shares knowledge.
- Mentors less experienced team members and leads by example in both technical and non-technical aspects of the job.
- Proactive in areas of expertise and designated responsibility.
- Ensures that deliverables are consistent with Kainos and/or client policies, strategies and constraints.
- Accurately records own time and accurately reports progress on own work.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Based in a Kainos location but required to work on client site whenever appropriate.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Competent in two or more technologies, and has successfully applied them in a commercial environment.
- Capable of creating appropriate solutions for medium complexity problems which are configurable, efficient, and easily administered by other team members.
- Good understanding of systems administration tools and best practice.
- Good understanding and application of quality practices as applied to systems administration, such as backup records, peer review, documentation, resilience, security.
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management.
- Can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to more senior colleagues, as appropriate.
- Understands the importance of keeping colleagues and managers appropriately informed, and can communicate confidently at internal and external meetings.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues (predominantly internal).
- Good team player with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Enthusiastic in the pursuit of duties.
- Proactive and responsible in areas of expertise.
- Proactive with respect to personal development.
- A positive "can do" attitude towards the technical challenges facing Kainos and clients.
- Demonstrates commitment and a desire to develop in-depth technical knowledge and skills in one or more technology areas and to share this knowledge with colleagues.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.