Summary Statement of Job:
- Responsible for directing and leading significant consulting assignments and delivering business solutions that meet client needs.
- Works closely with the Sales team to develop and deliver a strategy for adding value to the clients, ensuring that expectations are managed proactively and any issues arising are dealt with promptly and appropriately.
- Initiates & builds trusted relationships with clients at senior/Board level, based upon personal credibility and a sound understanding of business & industry sector dynamics.
- Manages and motivates assignment teams and projects, ensuring that all have clear objectives, receive regular feedback on performance, and have timely, honest project appraisals completed.
- Responsible for achieving targeted assignment and project profitability plus accurate, timely reporting of all project variables.
- Drives the future growth of Kainos by working closely with Sales & Client Management to identify innovative, profitable solutions that result in additional business opportunities for Kainos.
- Responsible for the contract and commercial terms applying to specified consultancy assignments and projects and ensures that Kainos is not compromised by non-compliance.
- Takes a leading role in the development of the consultancy skill set and capability in Kainos.
- Develops strong personal networks and recognises competitor activity in relevant market areas.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Based in a Kainos location but required to work on client site whenever appropriate.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a relevant commercial environment with at least 6 years demonstrable success in consulting (or project equivalent).
- Strong in several consulting specialisations and demonstrates adaptability to embrace new disciplines.
- In depth experience of at least 2 major business verticals (e.g. Telco, Financial Services).
- Experience of at least 2 business applications environments (e.g. CRM, eBusiness etc).
- Broad business & technology experience and a thorough awareness of evolving industry trends and their potential impact on current & future business applications.
- Experience of working with at a senior/board level with at least 4 different clients and demonstrable evidence of building strong senior client relationships.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project and business dynamics.
- Strong ability to make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials.
- Strong ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Proven track record in selling to external customers.
- Strong ability to manage and motivate people and lead by example.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong negotiating prowess
- Excellent team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Mature, non-confrontational style.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- A positive attitude to overcoming the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos and clients.
- Prepared to work "outside the box" (e.g. taking responsibility for setting up a new Kainos function or location).
- Listens to and is open to other people's viewpoints.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.