Kainos Group plc is a UK-based provider of Digital Services and Platforms, including full lifecycle development and support of customised services for enterprise customers, and specialised digital products for mobile healthcare and automated software testing.
The Group’s Digital Services include full lifecycle development and support of customised Digital Services for government and commercial customers. Kainos is also the largest boutique partner for Workday Inc. (‘Workday’) in Europe, responsible for implementing Workday's innovative Software as-a-Service (SaaS) platform for enterprise customers.
Headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Kainos employs over 1000 staff across 13 offices. Kainos is listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (KNOS).
Overview of the job:
The division has plans to grow and expand over the next three years and have set ambitious growth targets to be achieved in that timeframe. As part of our growth, we have identified the need for a marketing executive working within our team to help drive an effective marketing strategy which maximizes sales and creates competitive advantage, strengthens Kainos’ brand and reputation across the UK Public & Private Sector, and fosters stakeholder engagement. The role will also involve developing recruitment marketing campaigns to support the people strategy of the business.
The role will require working closely with the Sales and Leadership team, taking a proactive marketing approach to deliver a marketing plan that fully aligns with the division’s strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
Demand generation & campaign management
- Develop and manage new demand generation campaigns to create qualified sales opportunities and build a healthy pipeline.
- Work closely with the corporate marketing team to deliver recruitment marketing campaigns, helping to build employer brand awareness and generate high quality applications.
- Deliver innovative marketing campaigns to showcase value added services, incorporating digital marketing, eComms, webinars and events. Responsible for the ongoing management and tracking of the campaigns and lead generation process.
- Responsible for the management of the marketing budget, measuring and reporting on KPIs, and delivering value to the division.
Customer relationship management
- Support the development of account management plans for the identified strategic customers, to drive Kainos led marketing activities within each account, and also supporting customer led activities including PR.
- Build trusted and close relationships with customers with regular collaboration to plan and drive marketing activities that benefit both parties and that are aligned with Kainos’ messaging and objectives.
- Strengthen online brand and utilise innovative digital campaigns to achieve marketing objectives.
- Manage the website content on Kainos.com to showcase the division’s offerings, successes, engagement approach, people and thinking.
- Manage all external communication channels and messaging, focusing on driving engagement within government and technical communities.
- Review new technologies and keep Kainos at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
Brand & communications
- Strengthen the Kainos brand and reputation within the UK Public & Private sector, and also the UK recruitment market. This involves the delivery of creative strategies to position Kainos as a trusted digital leader and employer of choice.
- Work closely with BU stakeholders to deliver engaging content, digital assets and collateral to help illustrate our experience and credibility as a digital services supplier.
- Drive staff engagement initiatives and internal communications, to foster a strong culture and a collaborative team approach.
- Work with corporate marketing to ensure positioning is consistent with wider Kainos messaging.
Essential experience and capabilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing role, preferably B2B
- A Bachelor degree 2:1 or higher in Marketing or Postgraduate/Masters in Marketing.
- The ability to develop, manage & deliver marketing plans with strong organisational and project management skills, with ability to multi-task, prioritise and deliver.
- Excellent organisational skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player and capable of delivering results to tight deadlines.
- Ambitious & energetic with strong motivation to make a difference.
Desirable experience and capabilities:
- Experience of working in the IT industry is desirable.
- Ability to cultivate ideas for demand generation, while holding to branding and messaging direction and strategy.
- Experience of using CRM and marketing automation systems in B2B
- Highly flexible & can think ‘outside the box’.
- Can-do attitude and a strong work ethic.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.