The Product Specialist takes a key role in the implementation, support and on-going improvement of this exciting and highly successful cloud-based automated testing application. This is an excellent opportunity for an analytical and quality minded professional to engage in an exciting customer facing environment, providing vital support to clients as they embrace the platform whilst also supporting further development and the future release cycle.
With exceptional quality assurance and testing acumen and a positive, business facing attitude – the successful candidate will be a key part of a developing business set for significant growth over the coming years.
- Becoming an expert in quality assurance and testing for all things Workday
- Supporting the implementation and post production testing cycles on behalf of multiple clients by:
- Facilitating quality assurance requirement gathering and solution workshops.
- Developing test strategies and test plans.
- Detailing business requirements for client approval.
- Creation of automated test for repeatable test suites
- Acting as a key point of contact for the client throughout the testing lifecycle.
- Authoring and running webinars demonstrating new functionality to existing customers, open forum discussions and how-to webinars.
- Proactively generating white papers and best practice documentation.
- Supporting the internal development of the platform implementation methodology.
- Supporting ‘pre-sales’ activities through the provision of software demonstrations and through the definition and articulation of the client implementation path.
- Planning and delivery of client training where necessary.
- Contributing to commercial processes and documentation such as SOWs, RFQs, RFPs and ITTs.
- Getting ‘hands on’ in platform configuration.
- A Minimum of 4 years commercial experience within a software development, business analysis or quality assurance/test consulting environment.
- Experience and appreciation of modern application development technologies, and agile working practices such as Scrum.
- Developed knowledge of the trends in information technology and quality assurance, especially ‘Cloud’ computing and SaaS concepts.
- Experience in the implementation of on-premise or cloud-based business applications such as CRM, ERP, BI or HCM.
- A computer science or related degree to at honours level.
- Sound communication skills including business writing and excellent spoken and written English
- A developed understanding of quality assurance / automated testing.
- Strong communication skills with an affable and credible persona, including formal presentations
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos
Our work is both challenging and rewarding. You’ll need a positive attitude and the ability to work independently, to adapt your style and practices in order to respond to changing circumstances.
You will need to be highly flexible, including willingness to travel frequently and work away from your home base.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.