Leads multi-skilled agile teams to design and deliver complete solutions that meetsuser needs and quality standards by:
- Taking responsibility for functional and non-functional design done for the solution across teams.
- Taking responsibility for development policy and code quality across teams.
- Taking responsibility for unit and integration policy and testing across teams.
- Taking responsibility for software product due diligence and integration across teams.
- Working with customer architects to agree functional and non-functional design.
- Working with Ops to ensure the application software is operationally ready.
- Advising customers and managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of user stories and user journeys.
- Coaching and mentoring technical architects and other technical staff.
- Taking responsibility for technical solutions as part of the sales process.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Has successfully delivered software designs for all the layers of multiple web-based solutions.
- Able to prioritise non-functional concerns for customers and incorporate these into the application design.
- Understands whole solution architecture concepts and can communicate and negotiate these with customer architects.
- Has coached and mentored junior and experienced technical staff.
- Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving Agile delivery.
- Able to simply and clear communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations.
- Has an open attitude to sharing information.
- Has respect of their team members and is able to provide technical leadership to a team.
- Able to prioritise their own time and activities.
- Actively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
- Has participated in technology communities.
- Has contributed to open source projects.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.