Overview and Responsibilities of Role:
As a Support Engineer in Kainos you are responsible for analysing and solving complicated technical issues. You will adhere to ITIL standards and will participate fully in the Incident management lifecycle. You will work closely with clients, internal teams and 3rd Party vendors to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Provides day-to-day technical support and consultancy to clients;
- Proactively takes ownership for incidents and RFCs in areas of expertise and designated responsibility participating fully in the incident management lifecycle;
- Liaises with clients as required, presenting a professional image of Kainos, escalating and reporting back to the Service Manager;
- Builds, configures and installs relevant software;
- Will take the lead in providing a support service to clients ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements;
- Provides guidance and support to junior members of the department;
- Will have an awareness of overall client business requirements and impact on Kainos and client commercials;
- Delivers within commercial constraints that apply to the support agreement;
- Produces technical documentation and procedures as necessary;
- Ensures that deliverables are consistent with Kainos and/or client policies, strategies and constraints;
- Applies all relevant standards and procedures to their own work;
- Takes responsibility for team leading as required;
- Leads by example in both technical and non-technical aspects of the job;
- Recognises and raises business opportunities;
- Maintains a current knowledge of relevant technology developments and actively shares knowledge;
- Advises customers on the technical, operational and business impacts of processes, incidents and RFCs;
- Involves development/infrastructure team/third parties as appropriate;
- Contributes to service review meetings;
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times;
Essential Experience and Capabilities:
- Experience of providing technical application support.
- Capable of developing fixes, workarounds and RFCs for complex incidents which are efficient and easily administered by other team members and customers;
- Broad experience of communicating directly with customers;
- Very good command of spoken and written English;
- In-depth understanding of SLA requirements and internal support team procedures;
- Openness to sharing knowledge;
- Can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to team leader or manager, as appropriate;
- Capable of working with minimal supervision;
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management;
- Good knowledge of architecture and server infrastructure of complex systems based on virtual machines;
- Ability to read system logs;
- A good understanding of code and searching for sources of errors (Java, C #);
- Knowledge of web protocols;
- Knowledge of SQL Server.
Desirable Experience and Capabilities:
- ITIL certification;
- Experience in supporting solutions based on VMware, cloud computing and mobile platforms;
- Good understanding of software development tools and best practice;
- Good understanding and application of quality practices as applied to software development, such as code and document review;
- Experience of HL7, FHIR, eforms & workflow.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues;
- Good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances;
- Quality focused;
- Highly flexible;
- Enthusiastic in the pursuit of duties;
- Proactive and responsible in areas of expertise;
- Proactive with respect to personal development.
- A positive "can do" attitude towards the technical challenges facing Kainos and clients.
Kainos provides digital technology solutions that transform businesses, enabling companies to work smarter, faster, better. We have been operating successfully for more than 30 years and have a talented team of over 1000 people, with offices in the UK, Ireland and Poland. We deliver exciting projects across Public, Healthcare and Financial Services sectors, where we build innovative systems and excellent services that are loved by their users.
We are proud to be one of the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies To Work For. We’re committed to our people’s development and actively encourage their engagement in the technology community and beyond. Working at Kainos surrounds you with enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues - everyone contributes to an environment which is built around flexibility, enjoying your work, continuous learning and active career progression
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.