Responsible for delivery of User Experience design and consulting services for complex solutions. Will provide the UX design lead to other software engineers. Will have an awareness of overall client business requirements and impact on Kainos and client commercials.
Summary Statement of Job:
- Responsible for overall UX Design for solutions that are fit for purpose. Responsibilities include requirements capture, storyboarding, prototyping, visual design and user testing.
- Understands users needs and produces deliverables that meet those needs.
- Understands pros and cons of various devices and platforms and produces appropriate deliverables.
- Leads overall UX Design activity on projects, liaising with graphic designers and developers as required.
- Liaise with clients as required, presenting a professional image of Kainos.
- Ensures that deliverables are consistent with Kainos and/or client policies, strategies and constraints.
- Delivers within commercial constraints that apply to the project.
- Sets and promotes UX standards and guidelines within Kainos.
- Applies all relevant standards and procedures to their own work.
- Assists with the preparation of external customer proposals, including production of viable estimates.
- Takes responsibility for team leadership as required.
- Mentors less experienced team members and leads by example in both technical and non-technical aspects of the job.
- Maintains a current knowledge of relevant user experience competencies and technology developments and actively shares knowledge.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Based in a Kainos location but required to work on client site whenever appropriate.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Experience of working with at least 2 different clients and demonstrable experience of building client relationships.
- Demonstrable awareness of business and operational environments into which User Experience design has been delivered.
- Competent in three or more UX technologies or techniques and has successfully applied them in a commercial environment.
- Understands the 5 competencies of UX Design (information architecture, interaction design, usability engineering, visual design and prototype engineering) and is a specialist in at least one area.
- Good understanding of the user centred design process.
- Sound communication skills including the ability to deliver presentations using structure and style appropriate to the audience.
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management.
- Can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to team leader or manager, as appropriate.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Enthusiastic in the pursuit of duties.
- Proactive and responsible in areas of expertise.
- Proactive with respect to personal development.
- A positive "can do" attitude towards the technical challenges facing Kainos and clients.
Guidance for applying for this role
Ensure you include a portfolio with examples of your work.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.