The WorkSmart Operations Manager will take overall responsibility of managing and improving the day to day operational processes within the Business Unit (BU) which support the management team and wider BU including sales and revenue forecasting, staff forecasting, recruitment, profitability, staff allocation and working capital.
This is a maternity cover role and initially for a nine to twelve month Fixed Term Contract. Due to our continual growth there is a likelihood that this would become a permanent role but this cannot be guarenteed.
- Responsible for supporting the management team to achieve or exceed targeted project and BU profitability whilst ensuring accuracy of data within Kimble.
- Liaising with the BU Leadership team, Account Managers, Sales Team and Project Managers to identify future staffing and capability needs of the BU.
- Responsible for accurate BU revenue forecasting
- Managing BU recruitment process, forecasting and identifying staff requirements for all roles and levels within the BU and working closely with the Kainos Recruitment team to meet demand.
- Managing and controlling staff availability while minimising overall BU bench time.
- Working closely with the BU Talent Manager and Capability Managers to develop the staff within the BU, ensuring that there are sufficient appropriately skilled staff available to meet current and forecasted demands from both the Delivery and Sales teams.
- Liaising with the PMO team
- Responsible for month end closure process within the BU including timesheet submission and approval as well as review of revenue and costs, invoicing and debt collection.
- Responsible for analysing and reporting on BU and project P&L’s and margins within the BU and raising appropriate queries and corrective actions with the management team to rectify issues.
- Responsible for cost control within the BU
- Continuous improvement and refinement of operational processes and communicating and presenting these processes to the wider BU.
- Qualifying sales opportunities from a staffing and commercial perspective
- Managing and controlling the allocation and approval of all non-project time ensuring accurate recording.
- Tracking staff utilisation initiating corrective action with Project Managers where appropriate.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a consulting environment
- Experience in staff management and allocation considering both the project and the individual’s needs.
- Experience in managing and motivating team members and leading by example.
- Strong commercial awareness within a professional services environment.
- Sound understanding of all operational aspects within a BU including experience of revenue and staff forecasting.
- Demonstrable experience of creating, managing and improving process
- Sound communication skills including experience of formal presentations and interviewing.
- Excellent communication skills with an affable and credible persona.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of BU strategy, profitability and staffing needs.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff and lead by example.
- Strong ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills.
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos.
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to travel offsite including all Kainos offices as and when required.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.